7 July 2009

Isaiah 49:2 ...He made me into a polished arrow.

In one story i read, one sea/beach is famous for two reasons: its gigantic and ever moving waves and for its beautiful pebbles. Scientists said that the pebbles were such because of the constant friction brought about by the waves.

I guess life is like that also. Trials and suffering may hurt us. But in the end, it is the reason why we develop our character. The more difficult the trial is the greater the potential for us to build spiritual muscles and moral fiber.

Right now, the situation of my brother is one big wave where i have to keep flapping my arms and legs to keep afloat. I admit its draining, its mind boggling, it tests my strength... but at the same time, i recognize that its also a time where i will learn to perfect my trust in God that He will tide me over.

Thanks for the polishing my God.

I.T.


The attempts to be holy by us humans is difficult and at most, frustrating. Jesus Christ enabled Himself to live in us through the Holy Spirit and this allows us to be perfect as He is. Because through the Holy Spirit living in us we can become like Christ and His redemption is made available to us so we won't get frustrated for trying so hard. We just have to agree with the Holy Spirit living in us.

We must understand our need for redemption before we realize it in our lives.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment