21 July 2009

Judges 6:39 Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me, but let me speak just once more: Let me test, I pray, just once more with the fleece; let it now be dry only on the fleece, but on all the ground let there be dew.”

We can be like Gideon in a lot of areas in our life: we tend to test God over and over again. It's as if we don't trust Him... or that we are not sure if the answer came from Him... when in fact we asked for the answer ourselves.

When have i been uncertain or unsure of my God? Soooooo many times. I guess i become like Gideon whenever i don't want the answer God gave me. Hahahaha. Or when i lack the faith that God is truly answering my prayer. I can clearly picture myself talking: Me? God is talking to me? God is answering my prayer? Me an unfaithful servant?!

But God do answers prayers. He gives us signs to prove that He is alive and loves us dearly.

God do grant me the faith to completely trust in Your word even when every other sign points the other way.

I.T.


We must take every chance we can get to do good to others as it might be the only chance that we can get to plant something, a seed, that in time may bear fruit that could be returned to us in the form of a favor.

Do not withold good from those who deserve it when it is your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow." -when you have it with you. Proverbs 3:27-28

One great contribution to our joy is when we take our minds off ourselves and focus on blessing others. Let's ask God how we could become channels of blessings.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment