27 July 2009

Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

Blessings that we will not have room enough for it.... Such great promise and reward! Nakakaexcite! Imagine, not having enough space for our blessings if we bring the whole tithe to God!

And the irony is, God is only asking 10% of our income! He is only asking for that much. I remember when I was in the US, i had to give 15% as tip or service fee. So I repeat, God is only asking 10%!

This also brings me to the point that sometimes we only ask or expect so little from God. We ask for a cup, when He owns the entire ocean! We ask for light when He holds the sun! We ask that He gives us the guy across the room when He is preparing someone perfect for us.

Yes Lord, teach me to have that faith where I will be willing to follow you up to my last centavo.

I.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment