16 July 2009

Genesis 22:16-18 God said to Abraham,"By myself I have sworn, declares the LORD, because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son (Isaac), 17I will surely bless you, and I will surely multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and as the sand that is on the seashore. And your offspring shall possess the gate of his enemies, 18and in your offspring shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice."

Grabe ang reaction ni Abraham.. he was willing to give up Isaac, his only son, without any hesitation. And to think Isaac is his first born and Abraham got him at a very old age!

I may not have any kids BUT i think whatever is dearest to us/me here on earth is our Isaac. Like my dad can be my Isaac. I keep asking myself: will i have the same reaction as Abraham if God ask me to sacrifice my Dad? NO!

I still have to pray and learn how to have that kind of faith and trust. Still have a long, long, long way to go!

But i acknowledge how God will reward us if we do have that kind of faith. On the aspect, nakakaexcite mag grow. Truly, when we obey God's voice, whatever we hold most precious, he will multiply it thousands of times. Wow! imagine having 1,000 people around me like my dad? how cool is that?

Thank you God for the example of God.... and thank you all the more that you promise to bless us a hundredfold when we have faith like Abraham.

I.T.


"You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing." Psalm 145:16

Our God who is full of love and compassion for us, our Sovereign Lord, knows the number of hair on our head. He have searched us and known us. Who else is better to know the desires of our hearts?

Since our hearts may be deceiving, it is important that we continually submit to the Lord. His perfect timing will work in us and eventually allow us to understand why sometimes it seems like we're stuck in the valley where even our good intentions seem to not make sense.

Let us learn to patiently wait on God.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment