6 June

In Matthew 26:36-41 Jesus reprimanded the disciples when He caught them sleeping while He was praying. Jesus said: Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Yes, my flesh is weak! Sorry talaga Lord.

I am guilty just like the disciples. There are times when i'd rather sleep (esp when im tired from work), watch TV (my fave tv show is on air!!!), shop (or go UK), cook (my to-die-for hobby!), eat, chat with friends than pray or spend time with God. Sometimes, id pray first BUT i'd shorten my prayer so i can "play". Kakahiya ano?

I never learn that when i misprioritize, i miss the freshness and strength that God would have imparted me when i spend time praying or reading His word. Tigas ng ulo ko!

I should always remember that if Jesus, the son of God, the One who knows everything, felt the need to rise each morning to pray, i should be compelled to do so also. If Jesus who holds the world in His hand is doing it... what reason do i have not to do it?

I.T.


psalm 112 states characteristics that I surely would like to have:

wealth and riches in my house
no fear of the bad news
all the good that can come to me
secure heart
light that dawns in darkness
privilege to look in triumph over the enemies
freedom not to be shaken
gifts for the poor, even those abroad
being remembered forever
having mighty children

and our one and only God who is forever faithful lets us know what must be done:

fear the Lord
steadfastly trust in the Lord
delight in His commands
give to the poor
be gracious and compassionate
be righteous and just

Lord, may you grant me an undivided heart that I may fear your name. The wisdom that only comes from you is what I am after. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment