3 June

Mark 4: 35-41 tells the story of Jesus calming the storm/wind when he was with the disciples. The disciples were very afraid of drowning during that time that Jesus said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

Two concrete lessons here.

First, being a believer does not exempt "storms" from coming in my life. Yes, i have Jesus but this does not translate to a worrry-or-problem-free life. Trials will still come my way. Just like the disciples in the story, it was when they were with Jesus that the storm came their way.

Second, in stormy times, we should not be afraid. We shd not question God. The right attitude is to stand PROUD and BRAVE as no harm can touch us for Christ is with us! Truly, with Christ in our vessel, we can smile at the storm :-)

I.T.


"So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body." Ecc 11:10

There are plenty of times that we are reminded to let go of things that worry us. I worry of the coming semester because of the tons of schoolwork, yet again! But didn't God help me get through it the first time? Yes, He definitely did!

Sometimes it's hard to keep focus on Jesus especially when circumstances can be overwhelming. But God tells me to remain steadfast. It's awesome how he allows me to bawl like a baby, kicking and screaming when I don't get what I want but still he has the patience to stay with me and guide me all the way out of the candy store!

Lord, I admit that there are plenty of times when I decide that I want to be alone and not want to have anything to do with you. Thanks you for your forgiveness and for your loving and patient arms that always finds its way around my shoulders.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment