20 January

I know that I haven't been giving enough of my time, my talent, nor my treasure. So many times He'd presented Himself to me and I just ignored Him. I never try to see what's beyond the things around me.

Why can't I just seize it? The decision to be with Jesus.

God became a man and Jesus experienced things in this earth. Whatever I experience now, he'd gone through it, he knows. And because Jesus is always with the Father, he knows things beyond what is on earth. He keeps the Lord's promises in His heart and holds it dear. Hence he has joy. He has peace.

"The Lord has filled my heart with joy; I feel very strong in the Lord." 1 Samuel 2:1a

So the next time I drive by a parking lot filled with modern cars, hahaha, I won't bother thinking how old my car is, how out of date! Because there is something else! There is more to this life than my car, my clothes, my job, my house and these things do not define me. It wouldn't take a better lifestyle, a more promising career for me to be loved by my Father. Doesn't He sustain me everyday? YES HE DOES! And even with so much freebies than I expect!

Because this is not about me. There is always a choice and I can choose love, forgiveness, unselfishness. It's a decision and I'm free to decide.

J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment