30 December

What a year! Definitely one for the books. I've discovered a lot of things about myself, have new additions to my bank of knowledge, have met and spent time with wonderful people, have experienced another heartbreak, have overcome the heartbreak, there's just a lot!

I am thankful. Thankful to God's amazing grace, His great love. God has been really good. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Though I asked myself, "Had I own an account that barely keeps with the maintaining balance, would I be this thankful? Had I lost a job, a family member, a car, a home, would I still rejoice?"


2 Corinthians 12:7-9

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.


God says His GRACE is sufficient. Like the analogy that Max Lucado presented in his book "Experiencing the Grace of Jesus": A plane is about to crash and the pilot has been giving each passenger a parachute. There's a passenger who asked if she can have a pink one, another if he can have a larger one, still another asked if he could jump when the plane is close to the ground. But the pilot only offered parachutes, nothing more, nothing less. The parachute is what's going to help them land on the ground safely and that's all they need.

I may not have had a new vehicle like I expected this year, the new, more promising job, the chance to meet the man of my dreams (naks!), a trip abroad, stored relationship, more developed friendship. I neglected to do what is right most of the time, I had been a disappointment, I was judged, I judged. But in the end, when I sought Jesus, I find him with his arms open and his eyes holding the expression of warmth towards me. His grace is all I need and there's no reason (and no way!) to be satisfied with things of this earth.


J.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment