12 September

Ps 50:13-15: "Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."

Thank you, Lord, for your graciousness and mercy that you express your great love for us, telling us that we can be secure in You. You also show how just you are, Lord, and warn us against forgetting you, which I must've done a million times. Forgive me, Lord, and teach me how to sacrifice thank offerings to you.

In Ps 50:17-20, the Lord mentioned ways where man can forget Him: when we take no heed to His laws, associate with thieves and adulterers, and here's my favorite-when we speak continually against our brother/sister.

Ptr. Ed Lapiz preached about a man's tendency to talk against others, especially brothers/sisters in church who have fallen or sinned. It can be really tempting to talk about that person behind his/her back. I may even think that I'm just sharing the story to a very close friend of mine but I am in danger of slandering that person.

It was emphasized in the speech that we must guard ourselves and not talk against our bro/sis no matter how tempting it may be and may seem oh, so innocent. The first thing that we must do when we receive that sort of info is to pray for our brethren. And if we're the receiver of the information, stop your source from being in danger and instead intercede. There must be alot of other things to talk about.

J.B.

----
Song of Songs 8:5 Who is this coming up from the desert leaning on her lover?

Am i leaner or am i leaned on?

I believe i am more leaned on when it comes to my family... and sometimes in my work environment. My two older sisters lean on me when they need to pour out something. They make me a sound board with their life :-) My parents lean on me financially and whenever they need to talk to somebody seriously. Kevin leans on me when he makes lambing. In work, my staff leans on me to direct the division. Truly, I sometimes groan!

However, in my christian life, I see myself as a leaner. I need God to support me! I lean on Him (full weight) when I am confronted with family decisions that tears me apart. When I am on my wit's end on how to handle family issues. I leaned on Him fully when Kevin got kicked out from school, caught doing something bad, when he got somebody pregnant. I lean on Him when i am so full of work, when deadlines are unending, when crucial decisions have to be made and i am at a lost on what to do. I lean on Him so that the burden is shared or becomes manageable.

Come to think of it... maybe those are the exact reasons why my family and division lean on me. God, i should try to be more patient with them. And God, i should be more obedient to you because i am not the only one leaning on you. I only have my family and work... You have the whole world.


I.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment